August 2, 2010
Monday
My last entry was very confused. I don’t know what I’m doing with my life. But I had a very inspirational weekend.
Daniel and I went to Gettysburg on Saturday and it was pretty cool. But we were both so tired that we didn’t fully enjoy it, I’m sure. It was cool, though, because we had an auto tour, a CD with a narrative about the battle of Gettysburg and we drove around the town to see all the sites. On the way driving home, we stopped at Jerry’s Cheesesteak and pizza for dinner. And then we went to the temple. We did iniciatories at the temple; it wasn’t anything spectacular or different. But I really felt the spirit, and I really felt the truthfulness of the gospel. I always feel so good and peaceful in the temple, so the ordinances we perform there must be true, so the church is true, so the Book of Mormon is true … and so on. It just hit me more than it has in a while. I thought to myself that that is the most important thing. To know God and His Son, Jesus Christ; to do their work; to do my best and to come closer to Them. After that, I felt an increased measure of love and compassion for those around me and I felt so much joy. It was wonderful.
Then in church yesterday, we had an awesome lesson in Relief Society about God’s promises, and how they are sure and He fulfills all of His promises. Sister Yeates talked about how sometimes we have to be patient in God’s promises; it’s all on His timetable. It was such a comforting message to me, especially since I’ve been having a hard time knowing my plan and the directions I should take. I think God wants me to do what I want to do, what I think will make me happy. I need to just make decisions and be patient. God does have a plan for me, but I just need to be patient with how He guides me. I don’t need to stress about it; just take things a little bit at a time. And I can find value in other areas of my life; not just feeling like I have a career. That didn’t make any sense, all of that, but I do feel better about life!





No comments:
Post a Comment