Thursday, August 12, 2010

 August 12, 2010

Wednesday

So, let’s see…. Not much exciting has happened in the last week or so. Daniel and I have both been working. I’ve been working on looking for a job. I haven’t had a full-time schedule the last couple of weeks, so I’ve had some days off to do other things, which is nice. I’m almost finished with Brian’s Mission Scrapbook. It’s really simple, but I think it’s cute, and I think he’ll like it. I just want to add some quotes and sayings and stuff to some of the pages, and then it’ll be basically done. I have a scrapbooking magazine that mom gave to me a few years ago and lately I’ve been going through it and looking at some of the techniques other people use. Some of them I really want to try. Others of them are too extravagant for me. I’m going to have to buy some new supplies to try some of them. Hopefully Daniel doesn’t mind. I mean, they will be partially for him: his mission scrapbook, our honeymoon, our summer here, etc.

It’s weird to think this summer is almost over. Bitter-sweet really. We’ve had so much fun living here, and we haven’t been able to do everything that we’ve wanted to do. We love Martina, I love my work and the people I work with, and it’s just so exciting to be here. We love our ward a lot. We’ve had people inviting us to their houses for dinner or dessert, and we’re still fairly new. I just think that’s so nice.

On the other hand, we love our apartment in Provo, and we miss our bed. Provo is less fast-paced and is more familiar to us. Plus, we love BYU, and we’ll back with our family and we’ll have our stuff. We’ll be back in our old ward (which to be honest, isn’t quite as friendly as this one is). So, it’s going to be a very bitter-sweet move.

The other day, daniel came home in kind of a mood because Ethan (his counselor for the internship) told him that E&Y is thinking about not giving him an offer because Daniel mentioned his interest in San Jose and they don’t think he’s very “committed to this office”. So, basically, they want him to decide now what he wants to do and show them he’s more “committed” before they extend an offer. Kind of backwards, right? Kind of retarded, is what I say! Part of Family Home Evening was making a Pros/Cons list for the decision to come back to this area after graduation. I think we both feel more comfortable going to San Jose. I feel a little bit anxious coming back here after graduation, probably because it’s much more long term, especially we’d be away from most of our family for a long time. I don’t like that. We prayed together after we’d made the decision, to see how we felt about it. Neither of us had a truly strong feeling either way, but I think we both still feel just a bit better about California. It’s the smallest difference in feeling; that may be enough.

But, in all honesty, now that we’ve decided that, if kind of makes me sad that we won’t be back here. I’ve really had a great experience here, despite the few little crappy things (traffic, humidity … small price to pay). Now Daniel has to deal with how he’s going to tell the people at E&Y that he doesn’t want to stay here. And once he does, they may immediately terminate his internship early, and there are all the consequences of that (he’s not working for money, we have extra time if we want it, etc). Plus, that means we have to go through the recruiting process again for San Jose, and there is always that small chance that he won’t get an offer from any of the firms. Heck, he didn’t get one for an internship and we know how stressful that was. I can’t imagine how it would be for a full-time offer. We don’t know what the future holds for us. We are just trying to do what the Lord wants us to do. Maybe we are supposed to be in California for some reason, maybe it would just be better for us not to be here, in this fast-paced environment. I don’t know.

I’ve stopped stressing about what I’m going to do with my life, and let me tell you: I feel so much happier, so much more at ease. I’m happy just to be where I am, knowing that I can do whatever I want, but I don’t have to do it right now. Last weekend I went to the AFAA certification workshop and took the test. I am pretty sure I passed the written part and FAILED the practical portion. We’ll just have to see in a few weeks. But I just felt like I should get certified because I want to and I may be working in the field, if I can find some good jobs. I feel like it’s a way to continue my education about the body, and I’ll be better for it because I know better now how to take better care of the body. I can always apply it to my life and help others as well.

Well, I better get on with my day. I just woke up about half an hour and wanted to do this right off before I forget to do it. We’re happy and well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment