Monday, July 12, 2010

 July 12, 2010

Monday

So, life has been busy. Dan and I have both been working and going to see exciting things here in DC. We went on a tour of the monuments the week before Independence Day, we watched fireworks on 4th of July from Iwo Jima Memorial (which was cool, because the fireworks were shot over the monuments), we went Kayaking on the Potomac. Of course, I feel like I don’t have to write much about these things because, first of all, I’ve already put them on the blog, and secondly, I know that I’ll probably be scrapbooking these adventures this coming school year in my spare time.

I do feel badly that I don’t write much in my journal anymore, though. And everytime I sit down to write, I feel a renewed desire to write everyday and be good about it. But that never happens. I don’t know how to get back into the habit. It used to be so easy for me to sit down and write. Don’t know what happened.

Plus, I don’t feel like I have all that much to write. The internship is going well. It’s slow a lot of the time because they don’t give me much to do, but they do have me teaching classes now. I taught my first class a few weeks ago, Core +1, which is a class dedicated to strengthening the core muscles with the addition of either the top half or the bottom half. I also team taught a spinning class with Adrian, which was definitely an adventure, because I didn’t (still don’t) feel very comfortbable with taking spin class, let alone teaching one.

Also, I started the internship not being paid, and now they pay me to fill in for people when they are taking work off. That is exciting for me, I didn’t have to look for another job. Although I’m not getting as many hours as I would like, but I guess I can’t do it all. I’ve started looking for a job for this coming year when we return to Provo, but it’s hard, because I don’t exactly know what I want to do. Should I continue pursuing fitness and look for a job in that field? Or should I take a more safe approach and look for a job as a lab tech? it’s just all so confusing.

Daniel is enjoying his work too. Except for that they don’t have him do a whole lot either. So we are both spending a lot of time doing random other things than work when we are at our respective internships. After this summer we are both going to have to make some big decisions about our futures. If Daniel accepts a job with Ernst and Young Transaction Services, we are coming back here after he graduates. And that’s not preferable for either of us.

We’ve been having a great time here. Martina is such a nice lady! We’ve invited her for dinner and family home evenings, and she has invited us for dinners and desserts. She lets us use her things a lot, and she’s just so nice. We really love her! We feel very fortunate about how everything fell into place for us to come here … so I’m convinced that God wants us here for some reason. We are learning a whole lot.

I really love this ward, too. It’s such a contrast to last summer’s ward. I feel so much more welcome here. Every Sunday, someone else comes up and introduces themselves, and it’s just a great ward. I think Daniel and I are also making an extra effort to get to know people and to be involved, more than we did last summer. But still…

The only bummer is that our apartment is definitely not the best. We are excited already about going back to our Provo apartment! Isn’t that awful?

Anyway, I think I’m going to go do something else now. I’ve been getting lots done today, almost everything on my list (clean the bathroom, tidy the house, do the dishes, pay Julie for Mary Kay, look for a job, work on the budget, write in my journal J, call Nauvoo Visitor’s Center …). I need still to call Grandpa and write out a menu for this week, and make dinner. Plus, I really would LOVE to get some scrapbooking in. I’ve been doing a lot of that, and I’m finally done with my Family Road Trip to Nauvoo, and FINALLY working on my Spain trip … about half way done! 






















No comments:

Post a Comment