Tuesday, June 15, 2010

 June 15, 2010

Tuesday

Daniel and I haven’t been out to see much of anything the last week. After we were both done with work on Friday, we went to hang out with Bowman and Stephanie. Bowman got really expensive tickets from someone at his work for a cool show at an outside theater. The show was an acrobatic, circus type show called Cirque Dreams, Illumination. It was really cool and fun! It was sickening, some of the ways that those people moved. But they did some really impressive tricks! We made some food (delicious food … ribs, barbeque chicken, chicken salad, juice … Mmmmm!) and took it down to Wolf Trap Theater. We had a good time.

Saturday, Daniel and I slept in late, did laundry and other random things, and then we went yard-sale-ing. None of them were that good, like by the time we got there they were all picked over. Bowman and Stephanie swear by yard sales … so far, we haven’t had any luck with them.

Later that evening, we went to dinner with Bowman and Stephanie to a brother in their ward’s house, Brother Zirkle. He apparently usually makes really delicious, gourmet food and has people over to eat it, and he invited us. It was really good and fun! The missionaries were over and another guy who used to serve in the area. We had some good chicken sandwiches, pasta salad, and juice. I ate a ton … and then they brought out a HUGE dessert. Two huge brownies and two big scoops of vanilla ice cream, covered in strawberries and drizzled with chocolate syrup. TOO MUCH! And I ate all of it. Probably shouldn’t have…but I did. It was delicious!

Sunday afternoon, after church, Daniel and I went over to his cousin’s house, Heather, for lunch. Dan’s Aunt Tamara was there, and Michelle and Michael and their kids were there too. We spent the afternoon with them, getting to know them and hanging out.

Work yesterday was fine. I went in at six in the morning, took a zumba class and helped out around the fitness center. I got home at 2pm, and Dan was still at work, so I watched movies, worked on my bag-bag (the bag I’m crocheting with plastic bags … Dan calls it my bag-bag), did dishes and other things. After picking Daniel up, we talked, at some leftovers for dinner, and then had family home evening. I prepared a lesson based on one of the general conference talks, and then we made milkshakes and played a really hard mind game.

Today, Dan’s working and I’m home just doing random stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment