Friday night, I went out with my friends. We went out for Sarah's birthday date (only a month late this year, haha). We took her to Brookers for hot chocolate floats, which we delicious, but almost too sweet for me. We stayed and talked at that table for over 3 hours! At 10:45, I finally looked at my phone and gasped. It was already so late! We had planned to go to Cornbelly's after getting chocolate, but that obviously didn't happen. Plus, it started raining at one point, so it's probably better we didn't go. And it was just nice to be with my friends. I love them.
We watched all 5 sessions and tried to listen as best we could. At some point, Sawyer got tired of being quiet and finding things to keep himself occupied, and started bugging everyone and being really loud. So it was harder to listen after that. The boys brought down their stuffies and blankets and pillows for most sessions and built little nests on the couch for themselves, which really took up most of the couch.
Saturday morning, before conference started, I went downstairs to workout, feeling very much like I didn't want to workout. And right at the beginning, I landed on my foot wrong, on the toe I think I'd already broken before, and really hurt it again. Badly. It was swollen and bruised over the weekend, and hurt like the dickens. I'm pretty sure I broke it again, and I need to go get it checked out this time. It put a bit of a damper on the weekend.
After getting kids to bed on Saturday, Daniel and I watched part of 3 movies. 😆 We finished Twisters, which he had started on Friday while I was out; we watched the beginning 40 minutes of Knight and Day, because we love it; and we started Top Gun: Maverick, because Daniel said I have to see it.
All in all, it was nice to have a pretty lazy weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment