Thursday, August 14, 2025

Brooke had her first day of middle school yesterday. I dropped her off mid-morning, when her band class was starting (her schedule is a tiny bit complicated, with her going only on A days in the afternoon, after lunch; but Wednesday is an early out day, so the schedule is a bit different those days). I walked her into the office area, because the doors were locked, and then I left, and let her figure it out. I started at the office door and watched her walk out into the school and start talking to someone. She seemed so nervous, even despite her 7th grade orientation day. And I had a hard time holding back the tears. I'm sure some of the adults could tell I was feeling it, but I managed to hold back just until I walked out the front doors. I cried from nervousness for her and because she's so big, and where has the time gone? She's in middle school, and in a few years, high school, and a few years after that, she'll just be gone. And I can't handle that line of thinking. 



I took Sawyer in for kindergarten testing after dropping Brooke off and running a quick errand. He did pretty well, but didn't remember all his letters and the sounds. I'm sure he forgot a lot over the summer. I was still proud of him for what he remembered and could do. 

We've been getting a ton of peaches from our tree. They're pretty good, and we've been eating a lot of peaches, and have had to be creative in the eating. Brooke made a peach pie on Sunday and I made peach cobbler with Sawyer last night. And we've been having cut peaches with honey and milk. And eating them plain. It's delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment