Here are some things we did in October:
- Took Sawyer to the aquarium
- Went to parent teacher conferences. The teachers had really good things to say about the kids, and the girls are doing really well academically. Jack's teacher said that he sometimes struggles with anxiety if he doesn't know how to do things. And he is still catching up to his classmates in reading. We really like all of their teachers. It's been a good school year so far.
- Got new furniture for the family room. We got a big sectional at the beginning of the month and a big entertainment center at the end of the month. We like how our family room is coming together. We want to get a rug for it eventually. But it's hard to pick something we both like, and we have different tastes, and we'd have to go shopping again.
- Brooke had a bunch of soccer games
- Crazy hair day at school. Camille's was the best hair I've ever seen. 😂 Such a cute and clever idea.
- General conference weekend was nice. We went to Brian's house for the Sunday morning session. And we had Bowman and Stephanie over for dinner Sunday night.
- I hosted a Relief Society activity one night and had a bunch of ladies over for s'mores. It was very fun and we had a pretty good turnout. 😊
- We had our Halloween Feast and watched Casper.
- Went on our family BYU date. We rode our bikes around, went into the library, watched a bit of the football game in the bookstore, and had dinner at the creamery. Delightful.
- Melanie and I took our kids to the Dino museum together.
- I took the kids to the ice cream shop at Thanksgiving Point one day. That was the activity Camille wanted for her birthday.
- We had our ward Halloween party. Relief society was in charge, and I wasn't stressed at all about it until the very day of the party. And then I was an absolute basket case. Everything went fine, but I felt underwhelmed by it. I'm so not a party planner, it's not in my skill set. It's not something I love doing, either, so the whole thing was kind of 'meh' for me.
- We went to the school's pumpkin walk for family home evening. The students bring their pumpkins to display at school and we go and walk around and look at them all. They have a fun scavenger hunt for the kids to find specific pumpkins.
- Book club
- Carved pumpkins with the kids. Mostly basic pumpkins faces. 😊 Some years I just don't feel like putting forth the effort.
- The school's Halloween costume parade was cute. And cold. We watched for our kids and then left.
- I volunteered in Jack's classroom for their Halloween class party. I brought some books to read to the kids, and mine was just one of 5 rotation activities. I had fun, but I could tell some of the kids were unenthused and distracted. A handful of kids probably would have sat and read with me for longer. Sawyer came with me and was pretty good.
- Trick-or-treating was fun, but I wasn't feeling it as much this year. When Sawyer was ready to go home, I was more than happy to take him and put him to bed.














No comments:
Post a Comment