I went to Aunt Lynn's wedding this weekend. She invited us to come, but I really did not feel like going. I was going to have to miss an entire Saturday of things, Brooke's cheer show included in that, and I didn't want to miss things nor leave Daniel with the kids all day (not that I don't trust him or know he can handle it, but I feel guilty when I do that). But I felt more guilty about not going, and Brian and Sammy were going and offered to drive me. So I decided to go. And I'm glad I went! When I texted Aunt Lynn and told her I was coming, she was so excited. Plus, she's been having problems with her kids (they're being really awful to her), and a couple of them didn't come at all. It felt nice to be able to support her.
The drive with Brian and Sammy was great. We just talked all the way up and back. We left early in the morning, drove up and had lunch at a fun little sandwich place in Rexburg, and then went to all of the wedding festivities. We did spend a decent amount of time waiting, mostly just hanging out at Aunt Lynn's house and meeting her friends and things.
We went to Aunt Lynn's and Bob's sealing in the temple, which was lovely. It was nice to be in the temple with my family. Mom and dad were there, of course, me, Brian and Sammy, and Scott and Melanie drove up as well, separately.
There was a luncheon after the ceremony, where we ate and chatted for a long while. They had to kick us out in the end, so that they could clean up and prepare for the reception. 😂 And then the reception was in the evening. We stayed for about an hour and a half, had cake, talked with people, and then we left and made the long drive home. We didn't get home until after midnight.
I talked a little with Jacquie and Jenny, but didn't have much desire to spend a lot of time with my cousins. I mostly just wanted to spend time with mom and dad and my brothers and their wives and Aunt Lynn. So I was not much motivated to chat it up with the cousins. (They vaguely annoy me anyway, especially with how they've been treating their mother.) I didn't talk to Joel at all. We haven't seen each other in years, and I'm sure we have nothing in common. Mom encouraged me to at least say hello, but I really didn't want to, and it made me feel less bad when he didn't make the effort either. I'm kind of at the point in my life when I don't feel the need to do things just for the sake of doing them. I'm not opposed to doing things I don't want to do (I do things I don't want to do all the time); but I don't want to be fake with people anymore, just to be nice or try to please people. I'll be who I am and people can take me or leave me. And I knew that talking to Joel and acting pleased to see him would be completely fake. And I'm just done doing that. I don't feel that bad about it.
All in all, I'm glad I went.
Funny things this week:
- Jack had his friends birthday party this Friday. He invited Rock, Nathan, Gabe and Grace, Bentley, Cap and Pepper. It was a pretty low key party. We just played don't eat Pete (with a board that Jack drew), did a fun garbage truck craft, played games outside, ate pizza and cake, and opened presents. But it was the perfect combination of just letting them play and having activities for them to do, of being chill and also fun. I think he was really happy with his party. 😊
- Brooke got all dolled up for her cheer performance. She had to curl her hair and put it in a ponytail on top of her head, and she was also supposed to wear some make up (like maybe some blush and lipstick). Since I was gone that day at Aunt Lynn's wedding, Brooke asked Annette Perkins to help her with those thingd. She went over in the afternoon to get ready, and when she came back to the house all made up, Sawyer looked at her and said, "Brooke, you look weird." 😂 I loved and hated how grown up she looked in the pictures they took for me. She invited Claire to go see her perform, and it was so sweet of Sarah and Claire to go see her and support her. ❤️ Such wonderful friends.
- I was trying to take a short nap on Sunday, and Sawyer kept coming into my room for one reason or another. But he was being super super quiet when he came in, trying to be so sweet and considerate of me sleeping. It was so cute.








.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment