Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Things I Want to Remember

  •  Camille makes lists of songs she really likes. I often find pieces of paper with song title and artists on it. I think it's so cute that she does this. 
  • Brooke is writing a book. It's about wolves, and she's written several chapters and is so jazzed about it. She also has a notebook where she writes down book ideas. She has this idea for a book series about mythical creatures. She's going to call it "Myth".
  • Gramma and Grampa Holbrook bought a fun birthday present for Jack's birthday: a yard work kit, with a little wheelbarrow, a shovel, a hoe, a weeder, an apron and some gardening gloves. It was so fun to watch him take everything out and immediately start digging in the dirt with it. Sawyer joined him for the digging of the flower beds, and I loved watching them play outside in the dirt together. That's how childhood should be. 
  • One day, Sawyer was sitting on my lap, and he patted my bosoms and asked, "is this your tummy?" And then tried to look down my shirt. 🤣 
  • In the springtime, the trees in our neighborhood get what I call "fluffy". They blossom with white and pink flowers and they just look... fluffy. It's one of my favorite things ever. 
  • Brooke wears a collection of bracelets on both wrists, mainly ones that she's made. Friendship bracelets made from weaving floss together. I used to do that as a kid too. And I love that she does it. She's becoming such a preteen.
  • We did a gardening unit for our last science unit in school. We watched videos and got books from the library and bought supplies. We painted big Terra cotta pots and planted flowers and veggies in them. Then later, Brooke and Camille planted their own garden in one of the garden boxes. They weeded the whole thing and planted seeds (carrots and sunflowers and flowers) and watered them. They really got into the gardening thing. Especially Brooke. 
  • Brooke finished her soccer season. Her team won most of their games, and she had fun. But she was also frustrated with how her team didn't let her play very much. I think she improved a lot this year, though. 
  • We went to the tulip festival. It was beautiful. And the kids loved running around the gardens, looking at the flowers and taking pictures. 















No comments:

Post a Comment