The young women teaching our young women's class today prompted us to do this, and I definitely cried while writing.
Dear Jesus,
I'm pretty emotional today. I'm thinking about you and everything you've done for me and my family. Sometimes, I don't feel very close to you. Sometimes, I don't remember you enough. Lately, I feel troubled about so many things. There is some drama in my family. There's so much evil in the world. It's hard to distinguish what is right and what is wrong. It's hard to know how to stand up for what is right, while also being loving to those who struggle. It's hard to feel so divided and different from other people.
I have great desires to do what is right. I think you know that. But I get frustrated by how often I fall short and fail. I wish I was a better and more patient mom. I wish I was a more considerate wife and friend. I wish I was less prideful and vain and selfish. I wish I knew better how to rely on your strength and goodness.
At the same time, I recognize how amazingly blessed I am! Why have I been blessed with the gospel when so many people have not been? Why am I blessed with 4 children when I know so many people that struggle to have kids? Why am I blessed to travel and have cool experiences in this life? Why am I blessed temporally with all I need and more? I chalk it all up to God's goodness and grace and mercy. I don't deserve good things, but He gives them anyway.
I wish I knew more about your life. What was your favorite thing about living in Israel? What is your favorite part of creation? What's with giraffes and elephants? And sea creatures! It's like they come from another world! What was it like to live when you did?
No comments:
Post a Comment