- Daniel is up putting Jack to bed, and the girls joined them in singing "I Will Walk with Jesus" before Jack goes to sleep. It's the sweetest thing I think I've ever heard. Maybe apart from Brooke singing "I Am a Child of God" when she was a tiny little 2 year old. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ Time is my greatest enemy.
- Camille says "oofy" where other people say "oof" or "oops". And it's possibly my favorite thing currently.
- Sawyer is now obsessing over fire trucks and asks Alexa to play the fire truck song over and over and over. We all get tired of it really quickly, but it's cute how much he loves it.
- Brooke was frustrated this Saturday with soccer. Her team never passes the ball to her, so she gets very little time actually playing with the ball. It's so hard, I understand it, and it's hard to change. I told her the best way to change it is to improve her soccer skills so that they trust her more.
- Jack is loving school, and I met with his teacher this week and she says he's doing really well, listening, working hard and being a good example. She said he's also making friends in class. I'm so happy he's doing well at school. He's been a challenge at home, though. He's just become very demanding and needy, he's constantly interrupting school and he throws major fits when he doesn't get what he wants immediately. It's frustrating for me.
- Actually, interrupting has become a bad problem in our household lately. Everyone wants my attention constantly, and they're always trying to talk over people. 🙄 Daniel even sometimes does the same thing, and it's been so hard to make them understand that I'm just one person and can't listen and pay 100% attention to them all the time. This week has been really hard and exhausting, and I think this is part of the problem. The mental load was almost unbearable this week. So many things going on, so many things to remember, so many people need things from me, so many people talking to me at the same time... it makes my mind spin and get really tired. Every night this week I've been so tired. I'm not sure what to do about this particular problem. I fasted for help today. It's hard to even explain what I'm feeling, but I just get so drained from it all lately.
- I took Jack, Sawyer and Brooke to Cornbelly's yesterday. Camille had to stay home with Daniel because she wasn't behaving well, which was sad for us. Brooke didn't have much fun, we lost Sawyer at one point, and Jack wouldn't go do anything without me. Overall, I'd say our first trip to Cornbelly's this year was a bit of a bust.
- We went up to visit Michael and Michelle yesterday, and Daniel and Michael went on a bike ride together while the kids and I played and chatted with Michelle, Brixton, and MacKenzie. It was nice.
Sunday, September 25, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment