Sunday, March 28, 2021

 I've been slacking off this month. With journaling, I mean. I've been pretty busy in other aspects of my life. I sort of fell off the writing wagon this month because by the time it's bedtime, I'm so tired and it's so late that I just want to sleep. 

I hosted preschool at the beginning of this month. We learned and talked about community helpers and had a lot of fun doing activities along those lines. I have preschool again this week, talking about Spring, and I'm planning to throw a little Easter in there as well. 

I had book club last week. We read the book Wishtree, and it was so so good. I loved it so much! It had me laughing and crying, which is definitely a sign of a good book. 

I've been working out a lot and tracking my food this and last month, in an effort to get back into shape after having Sawyer. It's always such a long process for me, and it takes a lot of time and patience. I'm trying to have that patience. 

For the past few weeks I've been getting together with Sammy and her sisters for a fun little project, called the husband project. It's 3 weeks and every day of those 3 weeks, you do something for your husband. It's basically getting you in the habit of thinking of your husband and serving him and going little things for him. We met every Monday to discuss our plans for each day, following a prompt from the book "The Husband Project". I haven't been totally consistent. I've missed a few, which I plan to complete this coming week (with any luck... this coming week will be busy). But I've actually really enjoyed doing it, and I think our relationship has been better the past few weeks, just because of how I've felt about Daniel and about my marriage, and because of how I've been working on it. Daniel doesn't even know I've been doing it. 😆

I had a rough week with my kids a couple weeks ago. Mainly Jack and Camille were hard. They were constantly fighting with each other, yelling at me, disrupting any of my attempts to have spiritual time and family time. It was really hard, and I felt completely hopeless. Last Sunday, they were so awful while we were trying to watch sacrament meeting that I completely lost it at the end and yelled at them. It was awful. I felt bad, but also very frustrated and at a loss of what to even do. Life with kids is very up and down. Good weeks and bad weeks.

I also hosted an at-home girls night early in the month, which was nice. It was nice to hang out with girls I haven't seen a lot. Utah has been more open for months, but people have still been cautious. Now that the vaccines for covid are available for most people, though, everyone is throwing caution to the wind. 😆🙃 We're all over the wearing of masks and being distant from people. 











No comments:

Post a Comment