Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Home Again, Home Again

We're halfway through the month of January. Daniel is less than happy with this year already: it's an odd year. 2019 isn't as round a number as 2018 or 2020, even. Plus, poor husband of mine is already working crazy hours and having to drive all over creation for his clients. It started early this year, basically right after we got back from Oregon and San Francisco. He was supposed to have the 2nd off from work (at least, he'd requested it off from work), but he ended up working for a goodly part of that day. From now until the end of April, and likely beyond, it's going to be crazy and stressful and long hours for my poor sweet husband. Unless, of course, he finds himself a good job, in which case, he'll say, "Adios!" to GT. That'll be a good day for both of us.

Brooke still had a couple of weeks left of winter break. So, we spent the last week and a half playing with friends almost every day. We played with Daisey and Lilee 4 times, each time switching off whose house everyone was at. We went to the park with Turner to ride scooters and play on the playground. We went to visit Tyson and Calvin and Penny for part of a day. And, of course, on the days when we just stayed at home without any friends over, Violet and August came to see if they wanted to play. My girls certainly were spoiled for the last couple of weeks. It was nice for me, too, because they were very occupied with friends, it gave me some time to put the house back together and get back into a routine.

Brooke started school yesterday, and it's going to be an adjustment all over again, having her in school. All 3 kids were extremely needy yesterday, some of them being fussy or grumpy, and all of them requiring much more attention from me than I've been giving the last month or so. It was a challenge, and my patience was all but gone at the end of the day. We survived, and now we're one step closer to getting used to it again.

I have my January projects to get done; mainly, collecting all the pictures and videos we took this year, going through them, editing and deleting, and backing them up on the hard-drive. I haven't really even started, and it always takes me the whole month. Fortunately (I suppose), since Daniel is working so much, I'll have extra time to do what I need to do.

Yesterday morning, Heather and I went running for the first time in a long time. We jogged and walked a little when we got too tired; but we were out for a complete hour, and it was wonderful! We haven't been running much since I did that Half Marathon last June, and I think I miss it. I've had this sore spot in my lower back, right over my left hip, and it always seems to be tight and tired and achy, and after an hour of running, it's totally loosened up and feeling so much better. Plus, I love spending time with Heather. She's good for my soul. She's so positive about life (even when she needs to unburden herself, she looks for the good), and she really cares and is so kind to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment