Just a few things to remember:
- Driving up the bridge towards our house, Camille and I were alone in the car, coming home from church (Daniel had taken Brooke and Jack home because they were all sick). Camille threw her arms in the air and shouted, “ROLLER COASTER!” And she made me put one arm in the air too.
- One of the best Sunday afternoons we’ve ever had. We all hung out downstairs after eating lunch after church, and after Jack woke up from a nap. The girls mostly colored and played together. Jack mostly crawled around, finding cheerios to eat and crawling all over Daniel and me. Daniel took a little snooze on the floor, and I read library books to the girls. It was a lovely, peaceful, lazy afternoon that we all got to spend together.
- February 5, 2018 – Camille dumped ALL of the bread out on the ground just outside our door. (Major eye roll)
- January 31st ended my January of no sugar. Well, almost no sugar. Sugar sneaks into so many things. But I was very careful. It really felt so good, I felt better than I had in a long time, especially coming off of the holidays. And I’m still motivated to keep my eating clean. I had some treats on February 1st, and then went right back to no sugar until Valentine’s Day.
- I started watching photography videos on Youtube last week. I looked up the basics of photography and how to operate a DSLR camera, and started practicing and experimenting with our camera. It felt nice to learn something new and fun to experiment with it. For the rest of the year, I plan to keep watching videos about it and hopefully getting to practice and get better at taking pictures. It’s purely for my own enjoyment, and also for my family’s sake. It’ll be nicer to look back at pretty pictures than quick crappy pictures taken with my phone.
- We did a lot of staying at home last week. I had gotten sick on Sunday, along with the kids, and I am determined for us all to get better and STAY better for a long while. I got over my cold pretty quickly, I think because of my ‘no sugar January’. It was pretty much gone by Wednesday. But still, it was a sick-stay-at-home-in-your-sweats-with-your-hair-in-a-messy-bun kind of week. We did our usual shopping trip on Wednesday, and went to the library on Saturday. But that was it.
- Daniel and I had a date night on Saturday. An at-home date night. With our Date Box. We had pancakes and fresh squeezed orange juice for dinner, did some newspaper puzzles (provided by the box), played dominoes (Daniel won. And no one is surprised), and had fun.
- I have a new goal for February: go to the library every week. I don’t take the kids to the library enough, mainly because I’m intimidated by it. In the past, they would both pick out so many books, and Camille would go around pulling all the books off the shelves and leaving them on the floor, it just seemed too overwhelming. And now with 3 kids, it seems more so. But on Saturday, I kind of outlined how I wanted them to behave in the library and set down a couple of rules, and they were actually really good! I think Camille is finally at an age now, too, where she can cooperate and sit and listen to books being read. Jack got a little fussy in his carseat, but I took him out to crawl around for a while, and he did fine, too. We’ll probably skip going this week, because we just went on Saturday, and we need more time to enjoy the books we got. But I think I’ll definitely make this a weekly thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment