Last week was awesome. I was highly motivated and fairly energetic, despite weird sleeping issues (both mine and the kids). I had planned out my December and my week, I had clearly defined goals and to-do lists, and I was positive and cheerful.
We had a bunch of appointments last week. The girls had a doctors appointment Monday evening, after FHE (yes, at night *rolls eyes*), and they both did so well. My heart was just overflowing as I watched them. Not having to take care of Jack was a real blessing for this appointment. We stopped by the library for a couple of minutes to pick up a couple of books, and read part of one while we waited to see the doctor. Camille seemed really tired, so she sat quietly in my lap while I read to her, and I couldn't get enough of that. We were called in, and the nurse's assistant did their measurements (weight, height, bp, temp, etc.), and checked Brooke's eyesight. They were both very good at following directions, they were calm and obedient, they really did me proud! The girls had to have a finger prick for a little hemoglobin test, and Brooke went first and cried a little bit. And I was afraid that since Brooke went first and was fussy, Camille would make a fuss and resist and cry. But I sat down with her on my lap, and she just watched the phlebotomist as she pricked Camille's finger and squeezed out some blood. She didn't cry or anything, it was amazing and I was quite shocked! My brave little girl!
After going to the room, we had to wait a little while for the doctor. The girls had to put on these little paper robes and sit quietly and still while we waited. We played a little game while we waited, finding shapes and colors in the office. We noticed that there were a lot of squares and rectangles, but not as many circles, and hardly any triangles or ovals. :) But, again, the girls were so good while waiting. The doctor came in a did her whole thing, and the girls were cooperative and inquisitive and so so good. My heart just burst! Sweet little things, I love them so much, and it was such a good reminder that even though they pull of some gnarly shenanigans at home, they really are very good girls.
We also had appointments to see our friends, play at the park, and Morgan and her kids came to play and have lunch on Friday. I had a dentist appointment on Thursday -- no cavities, woohoo! One evening while Daniel was working, I went shopping for groceries and to finish up our Christmas shopping, which is DONE! And thankfully so. I like to get it done early so I don't have to stress about it. It's all done, all of the books I ordered have arrived, it's all piled up in my closet, just waiting to be wrapped for Christmas! And our friend, Matt Erdmann, found a nice used road bike for Daniel, so Daniel's Christmas is done, too. I'm still thinking of getting a couple of things for my parents, who are going to be with us for Christmas. I really probably should, even though they say they don't want anything, they just want to be with us. I'm sure that's true, but I still feel like they need some things to open on Christmas.
Saturday was our ward's Breakfast with Santa. The girls were so excited to see Santa. They're both at an age where it's exciting and fun, instead of terrifying. Like, last year, I think Camille was a little less than thrilled about sitting with Santa.
The rest of Saturday and Sunday, we hung out together as a family. Daniel didn't work at all on Saturday which was a nice change. We got some things done around the house and did some fun activities together. Then we had Ella Delhoyo come babysit for an hour while Daniel and I went and hung out in the hot tub. It was an awesome little mini date.
ANYWAY. So, last week, I was getting so much accomplished! I got almost everything on my to-do list done. Almost EVERYTHING!! That's just unthinkable. It was great! And we did some fun Christmas things and spent some time together as a family.
And then, ... today happened. Last night, Jack must've been teething, because he woke up a bunch, and I didn't get much sleep. Plus, Camille woke up super early, which interrupted sleep as well. So, when I finally woke up this morning, I was really tired and quite grumpy, and not at all prepared to be me. I just wanted to stay in bed and read and sleep all day. Which, of course, I didn't do. But I didn't do much of anything else either. I was highly irritable, and since Jack was teething, he's had a really runny and stuffy nose and hasn't been sleeping at all today. He's had a couple of 20 minute naps. Poor baby. The girls made some pretty big messes, we made a few batches of Christmas treats, played in the loft a lot, had quiet time, did our chores and cleaned up, had dinner, and Camille and Jack went to bed (actually, if you want to be technical, Jack went down for a nap around 4 pm, and still hasn't woken up from it. I wonder if he'll just sleep through the rest of the night. He really wasn't feeling good today. And Brooke is up doing the dishes, haha!). And I never got dressed.
Some weeks you're on, and some weeks, you're just way, way off. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment