That title is the perfect in-a-nutshell description of last week. Fatigue set in HARD for me last week. If we did any little thing during the day, I was completely wiped out for the rest of the day. I had a whole list of things I was going to do, and I got a small fraction of them done -- mostly the things that HAD to get done, like laundry and ironing, dishes, ... making food.
Brooke had preschool at Elliot's house on Tuesday and Friday, which she always loves. And Hillary always does such cool things with the kids. I had a doc appointment on Tuesday morning while she was at preschool. I couldn't find anyone to find Camille (not that I looked that hard), and I decided just to take her to my appointment with me. She was such a good little thing at my appointment, and so interested in what was going on. When the doctor came in and started talking to me, and got me ready to listen to the baby's heartbeat, Camille was very attentive and asking questions. When we heard the heartbeat, she asked, "What's that noise??" And we both tried to tell her that it was the baby's heartbeat. The look on her face as all of this was going on was one of deep concern. She just kept looking back and forth between my face and what the doctor was doing to my belly, such a serious look on her face. I smiled at her, trying to let her know I was okay, and she smiled back. So cute! She was very interested.
The girls and I needed to get out of the house this week, so Tuesday afternoon (after a LONG nap for Camille) we went on a nice little bike ride around our neighborhood. The girls had fun time riding, and I enjoyed walking around with them. We went to the park Thursday morning with some of our friends. It was pretty warm last week (and the beginning of this week), so I was a bit hot and sweaty. But it was lovely outside, and the girls always like playing with their friends. And I like visiting with my friends too.
Morgan came over Wednesday morning with her kids to play and to hang out and stay for lunch. It was nice having a visit with her. Things like that, and the times we go outside, help to break up the week for me and the girls. That's one of the reasons I love having a preschool group for Brooke. It helps us all to get out and be with people, and I think we all feel more refreshed when we do those things than the weeks when we mostly stay at home.
Daniel finished the audit he's been working on for months on Thursday, so he actually came home on time (!), and the girls and I got to be with him for a few hours before bedtime. He ate dinner with us, played with the girls, helped me put them to bed, and hung out with me. It was SO GLORIOUS! We all really love having him around.
And because they finished the audit, he had Friday off! ALL DAY LONG! Brooke had preschool in the morning, and Daniel and I split to run some errands. But once Brooke was done, we ate some lunch, packed up a few things, and spent the afternoon at the beach. It was the perfect beach day! It was warm, but not too warm. The breeze was perfect, it was a bit cloudy, so the sun was not overpowering. Brooke and Daniel went off to do a little exploring on the rocks. Daniel said that Brooke was pretty scared, walking over the rocks, and they encountered some crabs and other interesting creatures that scared Brooke as well. I think overall she had fun, though. Camille and I mostly played in the sand and ate snacks.
Saturday was busy. We had the car fixed, and I had my baby shower. Megan Hebdon, Allison Leishman, and Heather Delhoyo threw me a baby shower for my first little boy. We have all we need, except boy clothes. But after the shower (and people are giving us hand-me-downs too) we're pretty close to being set! It made me really excited about having this baby! And it was so nice to have friends come and celebrate this baby with me.
It was a pretty busy week, for me. And it completely wore me out! Haha! We spent a lot of time outside this week, and running to different things. It was really nice, and we loved having a full 3-day weekend with Daniel, too! It's always a breath of fresh air when he can be with us and hang out with us.



No comments:
Post a Comment